Services for Federal Employees
We have significant knowledge of the federal retirement planning and employee benefits arena and offer a wide array of educational resources for individuals working for the federal government.
We are proud to work with NAPUS members (National Association of Postmasters of the United States) in several states, including Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. Since 2006, our founder, Paul Sortino, has been working with employees of the United States Postal Service, providing financial presentations, as well as personal one-on-one consultations, always at the convenience of the individual.
In addition to presenting at NAPUS state conventions, Paul has held question and answer sessions for various offices around the state. All of his presentations are provided free of charge and without any obligation to post office employees and their friends and family.
Through our experience in working with employees of federal organizations, we seek to help federal employees better understand their federal benefits, Thrift Savings Plans (TSP), Federal Employee Government Life Insurance (FEGLI) benefits, and the differences between the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) and the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). We can help employees understand these benefits and savings, and help them coordinate these with benefits with their other assets, determining how these benefits fit into an individual’s overall retirement strategy. We understand the many questions that are frequently asked and, through our experience gained by working with employees of these organizations and our research into these benefit plans, we seek to provide guidance in answering them, including:
- What are my options for receiving an income from my TSP?
- How do I choose the appropriate funds in my TSP?
- How should I allocate my investment accounts?
- Should I leave my money at the TSP or roll it to an IRA if I retire?
- How is my CSRS pension calculated?
- Should I keep my FEGLI life insurance in retirement?
- Do I need to purchase long-term care insurance or self insure?
- Can I buy life insurance and take the full CRSR pension with no survivorship benefits?
- Will my CSRS pension be enough to cover retirement?
- Do I receive a pension if I am a FERS employee?
- Should I convert my IRA to a Roth IRA?
- What happens to my pension, TSP, or IRA if I die?
*Paul Sortino and his associates are not endorsed by any federal or government agency.